Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 2 - Yoga Revelations & some other stuff.

Last night I had another round of yoga and it was tough!!!  I started off with the first 10 minutes which was moderate but when you have all the extra's hanging on it can be a bit daunting.  Neverless I pressed on and made it through.  I moved on to the next 10 minutes which was different than the first set.  This time the instructor actually tried to step it up a bit and had us doing more of what I thought to be contortioning. 

I have never been nor do I plan to be a circus entertainer.  Is she crazy? She wanted me to get myself in this plank position and then lift one leg in the air.  Now if she was looking at me she would know that I can't hold my leg up like she was doing simply because one of my legs probably weighed more than her entire body mass.  Now I am exaggerating a bit on that really but, come on now. I am hoping she will have us do something that wont have me pass out.  I really was only able to keep my leg up in the air for all of 10 seconds and down it went, two, three, four and back to child pose I went. I got to tell you I am loving the child pose most of all.

 I am curious to know why it is that all of the trainers and the people we see on television in the weight loss commercials happen to be a perfect size zero when they are trying to get us to lose weight. 

My instructor seems to be a perfect size zero and I can't lie I am feeling a bit of the green eyed monster creeping up in me.  I look at her and think I know I used to look like that and then I look at myself struggling to do the excercises and realizing I am having a real hard time being able to do them. 

I did this to myself.... who would choose this life for themselves willingly?  Not me, not you, I don't think anyone would.  Oh well at least I am on the path to recovery.  I have been thinking about something that one of the bloggers posted, and that was that you have to find out what the issue is behind your eating.

I know now that I am a stress eater, I am a Lover of good food, I am a social eater, and I love to cook and  I also enjoy watching others enjoying the dishes that I have prepared for them.  How these things work against me  well I have to put them into perspective.  I know that if I am feeling sad I have to eat its as if me having some homemade dish will absorb the depression, I feel that with every bite I take I get a little lighter and before you know it I have devoured some rich dish.  Something with a sauce or gravy or butter.  Don't get the wrong impression because I don't eat a lot of hamburgers, or pizza's, and certainly not too many sweets.

I love carrot cake, but I have to be careful where I get it from because some folks have the nerve to put coconut in it and I am deathly allergic to that.  I don't eat brown chocolate because I saw a documentary on it many years ago and so I now have a phobia against it.  You have no idea how limited your choices are when you only eat white chocolate with no brown attached to it at all.  lol  My friends think I am crazy but if you knew what goes into that stuff you would be on the White Chocolate train yourself.  

I think I may be rambling  a bit... basically I wanted to see if others are out there with these same revelations? Well I know there are but I guess I want to know what did you do about them.  I suppose I should get to how I did with my eating for today.

Today for breakfast I had a hard boiled egg, several raw carrots, and a bottle of water.  A little later in the morning I had a few glasses of hot tea.  For lunch I had some beef and shrimp Pho.  I had a regular sized bowl of it and it was delicious.  I had water to drink when I really wanted a soda but I resisted the temptation.  On the ride home I had package of the snack size peanut butter n cheese crackers.  For my dinner I ate a boiled hot link plain, yeah that was it or so I thought but then I was still hungry so I cooked myself 2 gorton fish fillets and one serving of sweet potato fries.  Sighhhhhhh this is going to be tough.

Stay tuned .....

No comments:

Post a Comment